Aboard The Science Express


From 5th June 2012 till 9th November 2012 I was a Science Communicator aboard the Science Express Biodiversity Special. The journey across various parts of our country was a superb experience which I doubt I'll ever see the equal of, for the rest of my life. I have stayed in some of the worst and best hotels, eaten some of the best and worst food found in this country, interacted with a wide variety of people ranging from the uncouth to the top brass of the scientific community of our country. I've interacted with bright-eyed, interested children and with youth who just wanted to pass their time in an air-conditioned space. I have been left wondering, at times, at the magnitude of the task that we were trying to undertake - to educate a people that did not want to be educated, nor did they care - while at times, the understanding smiles from a class of eager young children have left a lasting, glowing memory in me.

With this mix of memories, when I look back on my time on the Science Express, the one memory that shines bright is that of my colleagues. The ones I really liked, the ones I didn't care too much for, the ones that liked me, the ones that didn't like me much - all of them. Without each of them, this journey would have been so much different. It still would have been possible, but in an entirely different way with a different set of memories and a different set of possible outcomes. Right now, all I can say to each of my colleagues aboard the SEBS 2012 is, "Thank you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Too Long

aJCfreak

Fake Call to extract Card information

Crazy Coonoor

Adiós, publicidad!

I Hate Goodbyes

Quitting HP, moving on